Saturday 3 November 2012

The horse hunter

I got called that today as I went off on another expedition to see a horse.

But I'd rather be the 'horse finder'.

I've looked at 7 horses now. But I'm having trouble finding one that makes me want to stop looking.

I thought I had with the 2nd one I saw - a well-trained mare who was a real schoolmaster and nice to work with. But she failed the vetting.

Today's one was at the other end of the spectrum - a rather green 5 year-old who knows almost nothing, but might be fun to teach. I may go back for another look at him, depending on how the next part of the hunt goes.

Pony-shopping trip

My instructor also happens to be looking for a horse. So next week we're going on a road trip (hopefully not a Thelma and Louise type of road trip!) to England for a few days to look at horses. Hopefully about 6 horses each. 

Maybe after next week I'll be a horse finder rather than a horse hunter...



No comments:

Post a Comment